Mon, 27 Feb|
3 DAY PMVA Training
You'll need this mandatory training if you're beginning your career as a mental health professional.
Time & Location
27 Feb, 09:30 GMT – 01 Mar, 16:30 GMT
Greater London, East Croydon
You'll learn among other things (in the theory section)
- Personal Safety
- De-escalation skills
- Public Health Model
- Communication Skills
- Trauma informed care
- Human Rights Approach
- Post incident procedures
- How to build professional boundaries
- Physical & pschological isk assessment
- Trigger points for challenging behaviour
- Legal Framework for managing violence & aggression
- Current national guideance on Management of challenging behaviour
In the physical section of the training, you learn break away skills to disengage and safely remove yourself from dangerous or threating situations.
- Hair Grabs
- Wrist grabs
- Clothing Grabs
- Kicks & punches etc.
You'll learn how physical enggment skills that can be used to relocate patients as well as support them
- Forearm Hold
- Figure of Four
- Thumb in Palm
- Seated De-escalation
- Arm wrap front & back
- Friendly come along (stages 1-3) etc.
Additionally, you'll learn how to support patients to the floor as well as from the floor. You'll learn among other things
- Prone Position
- Supine Position
- Turning prone to supine
- Turning supine to prone
- Supporting patient to the floor (prone & supine)
- Workbook / training handout
- Personal 12 month Plan for your 7Fs
- People Skills training for deeper understanding about communication, professional connections & de-escalation.