Fri, 24 Nov|
Emergency First Aid At Work
You'll need this mandatory training if you're beginning your career as a mental health professional
Time & Location
24 Nov 2023, 08:30 – 18:00
Morden, Canterbury Rd, Morden SM4 6PX, UK
Learn the Essentials of First Aid for Your Workplace and prepare yourself to deal with Workplace Emergencies.
CPD Certified Provider of Training - ExcellenceTraining Approved by Skills for Care
The Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 (VTQ) qualification (EFAW) is typically designed for individuals who may need basic first aid training to be able to provide assistance in the workplace. The specific eligibility may vary by region and training provider, but in general, the EFAW course is suitable for:
- Employees: Workers in various industries who want to be equipped with basic first aid skills to respond to emergencies in the workplace.
- Designated First Aiders: Individuals designated as first aiders within an organization or workplace.
- Teachers and School Staff: Those working in educational settings where basic first aid skills are important for the safety of students and staff.
- Parents and Caregivers: Individuals who want to acquire basic first aid skills for use in everyday situations at home or in the community.
- Volunteers: People involved in volunteer activities where first aid skills may be required.
- Businesses whose risk assessment has identified that there is no requirement for a fully trained first aider for their workplace.
All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes.
This first aid course fully meets the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2021 as per the HSE requirements.
This course must be at least 6 contact hours and run over a minimum of 1 day and the certificate is valid for 3 years.
This qualification is accepted in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. It is also accepted in many other countries.
The HSE strongly recommend that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher course and this course meets this requirement.
Please be advised that the classroom course has a minimum age requirement of 14.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement.
- Workbook / training handout
- Personal 12 month Plan for your 7Fs
- People Skills training for deeper understanding about communication, professional connections & de-escalation.